Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hot Pad, Potholder or Dishcloth

Good Morning Friends,

It's gray and overcast in my neck of the woods and ice is in the forecast. Not really something to look forward to, but maybe we get lucky and it misses us all together. One can hope.

Well that don't stop me from sharing something I made yesterday with you all. It has many different uses and we all use them every day in some way or another: The Hot Pad, Potholder or the washcloth. For some reason I always enjoy making them and keep coming back to them. Hope you enjoy this one. Pattern follows.









I keep having this problem of my pictures turning when I upload them
to blogger. In my picture file they appear in the correct position.
Anybody able to tell me what I am doing wrong?
Help would be appreciated. Thanks!


MATERIALS:
Hook: Size G
Yarn: I LOVE THIS YARN COTTON
Stitches used: ch, sl st, sc, dc.
Difficulty: EASY


ROW 1: Ch 40, (dc, ch 2, sc) in 4th ch from hook. * sk next 3 chs, (2dc, ch 2, sc) in next ch. Rep from * across.
ROWS 2-18: Ch 2, turn. (Dc, ch 2, sc) in next ch 2 sp. (2 dc, ch 2, sc) in each rem ch 2 sp.

FASTEN OFF.

WEAVE IN ENDS


I also Made this little coaster (from left over yarn), that I found this morning with pattern on Debi Y's blog. Here is the link. I think it is very cute. Thanks for sharing Debi.







For now I hope you all have a great day and "Happy Hooking"!

Erika




13 comments:

  1. It looks very nice - love the colors. Thanks for sharing your pattern. Your little coaster came out nice too - I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG~ I love that yarn..and it looks awesome w/the potholder pattern.

    Thanks for Linking Up!

    TracyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color! It's too beautiful to be used and soiled in the stove!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, I got you from the Crochet Happy link up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those colors on those potholders... and the coaster is too cute... Happy Thursday,,,, Hugs Mausie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that yarn! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    T'onna

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors your used. I presume it was a variegated yarn?
    What brand of yarn/cotton did you use? I have never heard of
    that "color" before, but I sure do like it! :) I like the little coaster too!
    Where is the "link" for that? I'd like to try making both items.
    Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used "I LOVE THIS COTTON" yarn from Hobby Lobby. It's the only cotton yarn I like to use for such things. It is so soft to work with and the colors are beautiful as well. The pattern for the coaster I made up and never wrote it down.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing. I recently made the dishcloth for a family member. The pattern was very easy to follow, and the dishcloth came out great! http://www.cajunmile.com/crocheting-dishcloths/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What color is shown for the dish cloth?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful, easy pattern. Thank you for sharing. I like that it creates a good scrubbing texture for the dishcloth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this pattern with the awesome colors, just love it. I'll be sure to try it after I heal from having carpal tunnel surgery!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...