Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

52 Week Crochet Challenge Week 6

Week 6: Spring Cleaning. This week it is time to organize your yarn. How do you do it? By color, type, weight?

The timing of this challenge is very good for me, as I am currently turning a second bedroom in my apartment into a crafts room. At this point it has been going along rather slowly because I don't have all the storage shelving I would like to have. I have plans on fixing that in the next few weeks by going to yard sales and open/outdoor flea markets. We have lots of them in our area.

 Here are a few of the storage solutions I am using right now.

Currently I have 6 of these rolling drawer storage's.
They are filled with the yarn I am currently using,
and yes they are organized.
1 is filled with nothing but cotton yarn
1 is filled with projects I have finished (going to crafts show)
1 filled with smaller projects I am currently working on
3 are filled with all the yarn I am currently using (not color coordinated)


The rest of my yarn I am keeping in storage bins,
like the one below.
They are wonderful to use, as you can see what
you have in them without having to open them every time.


I also like to use different kind of baskets, some to
keep the yarn with which I am currently working,
or with yarn and my current project.
This way I can take it to any room or location easily.




How do you keep and organize your Yarn?

As soon as I have finished organizing and setting up my crafts room I will give you all a tour. That will be an exciting day, don't you think?

Till next time from my neck of the woods........


5 comments:

  1. You are very organized. My yarn is in paper boxes under my bed, in my closet, under the couch....wherever I happen to have some hidden space! I need to invest in a few see-through tubs! Would love a tour of your craft room when you get it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a great storage system! I dream of a craft room someday, with tons of storage cabinets! I love clear plastic bins and bags too. I keep individual wips in it's own ziploc unless it's too big. I need to get some clear plastic totes for those, right now the totes I have are not clear. I can't wait to see your craft room, hope you post some pics of progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being able to see what you have is important, that makes your storage system such a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your tour of your new craft room! I agree, being able to easily see what you have is very important. Your baskets are really gorgeous. I have a large one that I keep in my living room for projects I'm working on. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great storage system and I would LOVE to see your craft room once you are done... or even while getting it together :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...