Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

African Flowers continued and Guest Blogger

Howdy Folks.....yep, am about as southern as it gets. Which is kind of funny, when you think about it, seeing that I come from Germany and all. What can I say, it just sort of rubs off on you and before you know it, you pick up the slang that is spoken in your area. When I go places, people are always trying to figure out where I come from, since I don't really have a total German accent anymore, but I have also lived in different places around the United States and have therefor picked up a few different words from those areas. I have made a little game out of it over the years and can be great fun.

Some News at this point: I have decided to have a guest-blogger from time to time to fill in when I can't make it, as I seem so very busy in the summer month. I thought it would be fun to hear from someone else and show someone else's work, so we can appreciated it as well. She works mostly with looms and it is an area I have not explored so far. I think it will be very interesting for me as well. So let's welcome her into our rounds. Her name is Birgit, or nicknamed Mausie. I hope you all enjoy her works and please leave a a nice comment or two. Thanks!

Otherwise it has been a busy week again so far. The weather has been on the nice side, not to hot and not to cold, which I would call perfect weather. Could live like that year round.  We have been working on our new barn daily. The walls are up and yesterday the roof went up. There will be more work to come in the next few weeks, but we are ready for the first horse show next Tuesday evening. We are looking forward to the fun of it.

Well....a couple of days ago I showed you my first African Flower. They are currently super popular and I must admit, I got hooked as well. They are really fun to make and the color combinations are absolutely wonderful and there are so many of them. They is also a Flickr group dedicated to them and you might want to take a look at them. If you made something yourself, let me know so I can look at yours. I would like to make mine into a round cushion, but must admit I have not seen a pattern for it yet. If any of you know where i could look, I would appreciate it very much. Here now a little looksy at some of mine:











3 comments:

  1. Oh, you have really nailed it! Good job they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika AF's looking fab all the info you would need is on the Flickr group that l joined the Join As You Go method and the fan fill in all on the group find them here....

    http://www.flickr.com/groups/africanflowers/

    Worth joining but get back to me if you need any more help
    good luck hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika,

    You've made some really nice squares!

    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...