Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday Question

Good morning all on a bright sunny Tuesday morning. The sun being out makes my day so much better right away. I don't know how it is for you, but when the sun shines, I always seem to get more done and I do it more cheerfully. It doesn't even bother me so much that it is still pretty cold outside.


For the last hour, with my trusty cup of coffee by my side,  I have been browsing through a few of my favorite blogs. I so enjoy that time. It always amazes me what beautiful work you all do and I also realize how much more I have to learn, especially when it comes to knitting. I have knitted a lot over the years, but got to admit, most of it was rather simple stuff, non of that fancy lace knitting that I have seen on some blogs. I guess I really need to jump over my own shadow and just try it. I know the fear of failure has held me back. When it comes to crochet I am more daring and willing to try anything. So this is one of my resolutions for this year, try, try and try. 


Here now the Tuesday Question: 
How many different projects do you all have at one time and is it just knitting or crochet, or both at the same time? Or do you just work on one project at a time? If you work on more than one project at a time, after how many do you start feeling uncomfortable and pressured to finish something?


My Answer: Yes, I always have more than one project going at the same time. I seem to get more done, if I keep it more interesting, especially when it is a bigger project, like an afghan, which you all know, can take quite some time to finish. I would say 10 is the most I had going at one time. More and I think, I would never finish what I started or panic. I don't feel pressured to finish something, but I do want to finish it.


Now please let me know your answer to this. Thanks!


See you all tomorrow. Until than, may the sun shine upon you.....

1 comment:

  1. Good question.... I generally have too many WIP's on the go but I tend to have a quick boredom threshold:-) I feel comfortable with 4 or 5 in progress pieces, as in actually remembering where I had got to in the pattern, and then there are about 5,6,7, (ok maybe more like 10ish) projects that are ongoing but kind of hibernating till the current WIP's are finished. That's presuming I don't start something new of course! There is a tendancy to feel a sense of guilt with all the hibernating WIP's though, but I'm working on that;-)

    I quite happily mix disciplines such as knit, crochet, stitch, dyeing, felting WIP's in my week as it helps me keep fresh and I enjoy the change of materials. I also like to have a quick knit like a chunky hat if I'm labouring over a fine gauge sock or forever crocheting on an afghan.

    I have tried staying faithful to just the one project but it just doesn't work for me although I know others who prefer this way of working. It will be interesting to hear others views on this.

    Thanks for bringing up such an interesting topic to discuss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...