Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Design Day

I'm on a journey....a journey to make 2010 the Best Year ever. Also to make relevant changes to my life, that will improve it and make it happier at the same time. It's a personal journey and one I've been telling myself to make for some time now, but as I do have a tendency to procrastinate at times, was always put off again. I have made excuses as to WHY I couldn't make this or that change. But NO MORE. I have let bad circumstances in my life drag me down. On the first day of this new year, I made a promise to myself to do something to better my life every day, even if it was just as simple as cleaning out a cupboard. So far it has worked and I must tell you, with it my mood has been improving. It is amazing that such a little change can make such a big difference. That does not mean I will never have a bad day again, just that I will see the better in each and every day and look at it with a more positive attitude. I've already noticed a change as I am cleaning things out. With less clutter comes Happiness. As my other tendency is to be somewhat of a hoarder, which means holding on to things I think I will need in the future, but never do, clutter happens fast. Now I have already filled 2 bins with things I plan on selling in a yard sale as soon as it gets warmer. This will also help me with getting more organized in the future and with that another improvement.


Ok enough of my ramblings of a personal nature and on to the subject of the day: Design Day.


Today we will have directions on how to knit a Baktus, which comes from Norway and is something between a scarf and a kerchief. They are the rage in Europe at the moment. Some are also made with fancy edgings (not in directions).It is best knit with a thinner yarn, like sock yarn. Make sure you use the appropriate needles that go with your yarn. You could also crochet one, if your preferred that. Just increase a stitch every second round on the same side each time.




Directions:


Cast on 4.
Row 1: Knit 1, YO, knit the rest of the row.
Row 2: Knit, make sure you knit the YO through the back loop.
Rows 3 and 4: Knit.

Repeat rows 1 through 4 until you have used up half your yarn, or until your scarf is 50% of desired length.

Then decrease 1 every 4th row:
Row 1: Knit 1, knit 2 stitches together through the back loop. Knit the rest of the row.
Rows 2, 3 and 4: Knit.

When you have 4 stitches left, bind off.


Well what do you think? Worth a try? Leave a comment and let me know what you think.


That's it from my little world for today. See you all soon......

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to post the pattern for the Baktus. It's one of those patterns I have on my list but haven't got around to yet. But it would look lovely in a variegated or tonal yarn too -
    like zauberball.....mentally checking yarn in stash......:-)

    Doing something to better your life every day - I like that. One of my resolutions this year is to sort the clutter - tidy house, tidy mind. Clarity of the mind though is only as fast as I can do up the house and de-clutter, which is a big process as I am a major hoarder... but is a worthwhile challenge I think as the benefits will be huge. I look forward to gaining more of that positivity you mentioned;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...