Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tuesday Question on Wednesday and Change is in the Air

Hallo....here I am. I knowwww, a little bit late. But you know what they say.....Better late than never. Right??? So we will have the Tuesday Question on a Wednesday this week. Will try and not let that happen again.

There are a few things going on in my life at the moment. For the last 1 1/2 Years I have been unemployed and where I currently live it will not change any time soon. The smaller the town, the less jobs available. I came to Alabama for a job and will now move back to Mississippi this coming weekend, where I lived for a long time and which I miss very much. So as you can imagine, my next week will be filled with packing up boxes and getting organized, the move itself and hopefully being able to settle in quickly. This will not leave me much time for hooking, crafting or blogging, but I hope you all will be bearing with me throughout this time. When I can, I will leave a quick note and let you all know how it is going. Thanks!

Tuesday Question:

When knitting or crocheting do you always make a gauge first and than start on your project or maybe make a whole swatch? Or do you just hope it comes out right in the end?

Here is hoping to see you all soon. Getting back to packing now. Bye and have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. When I first started knitting, tended just to use the needles recommended on the ball band and left it at that. But now, it depends what I'm making. I will always check if I'm making a garment as I have learned from experience that gauge really matters if you want it to actually fit well. I know some people knit a gauge sample, wash and block it then check their gauge but to be honest, I think I'm doing well If I get around to swatching at all:-)

    I do swatch though if I am substituting a yarn and I'm not sure if I can get away with it or if I am dropping down a thickness, say from Worsted to DK.

    I don't bother swatching for gloves, bags, hats, blankets, scarves, shawls etc as they can just be a slightly bigger or smaller as the yarn dictates.

    Hope your move goes well and you can get settled soon for some calming crafting. There is something lovely about that coming home feeling, back to somewhere you love and feel a true part of. A fresh, new part of your life is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't make a swatch either not for what I do right now like hats, plastic bag holders scarves etc... I will however make swatches if I would make something to wear from all that I have read when your making wearables thats the best thing to do....still pretty new to loom knitting so going to keep making hats, scarves etc until I havebecome more aquainted with the art.... Happy moving....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...