Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday Question and a Crafty Update

Hallo my Dear Friends,

Hope this Tuesday morning finds you well.

Over the last weekend I did manage to get quite a bit done on my new afghan and it has cheered me up that I have had a little more time to do so. Can't wait to finish it and display it in my new apartment. Which reminds me, I need to take some pictures of it to share, so you can see why I am going with these colors. 

I did finish the pillow as well, but can you believe it, I totally forgot to take pictures and have to wait for a better time with better light.

Here now what I have finished:

First one.....



Than Two.....


Than Three.....


Than Four.....


Than Five......


Five squares across and Seven squares long. Here another view:


After that I started to add the black round and have most of them done. Than three more rows of white around and putting them together. Progress.....how exciting! Really am looking forward to finishing this one.



Here now to the Tuesday Question, which is related to my current project:

I have made many striped afghans, but have never made a granny square one. Hard to believe, huh? Ok, when having to block such a big piece, what is the best way to do so? Is it best to do it one stripe at a time or do I block the whole piece at one time? Hope somebody can send me an answer. Thanks!

Well that is it from my neck of the woods for today. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have the answer for you Erika as I haven't actually managed to get around to making a full afghan either - shocking, I know:) But it looks like it's going to be stunning when you've finished.
    In theory I would crochet all the units or join them as I go and block the whole piece under a light tension to show off the motifs if I felt it needed it. When I made my ripple blanket, I didn't do any blocking or tension. Maybe it won't need anything? Mine was acrylic and the yarn type may determine what treatment you need to give it. Kate @ the garden bell will definitely know the answer to this one though;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blocking? I don't block anything - but then, I've never made a granny square afghan either (hard to believe, right?) Sorry, I guess I'm not the right person to ask. I love your choice in colors!

    In answer to your question about my clown collection. I've always liked them, but didn't collect till I bought my first one in California some 20 years ago...not very avidly collecting, though, mainly because I don't have the space!

    Alles Gute und einen schoenen Tag,
    wuenscht Dir
    Doris :-)
    p.s. macht nichts! Gizzy has been called by all sorts of names before: Izzy, Ziggy, Gizzy .... he doesn't care as long as you call him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...